Post 6: Talking in the Present and Reviewing Past Tenses

 

The main objective for this week is to use communicatively what you´ve learned about the grammar of the present tenses:


Warm-up: Pronunciation Excercises

1. Remember the pronunciation of I´ve?

I´ve

2. Read the lyrics of Queen´s song We are the Champions

I've paid my dues
Time after time
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime
And bad mistakes
I've made a few
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face
But I've come through

We are the champions, my friends
And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the world

I've taken my bows
And my curtain calls
You brought me fame and fortune and everything that goes with it
I thank you all

But it's been no bed of roses
No pleasure cruise
I consider it a challenge before the whole human race
And I ain't gonna lose

We are the champions, my friends
And we'll keep on…


3. How would you pronounce?

He´s gone home early.

She´s made a chocolate cake.

We´ve finished the project last week.

They´ve played the final last night.


Task 1. Watch the Video Alma
After you watch it completely, try to narrate orally what happens in the story. For your narration, only use present tense. For example:

The story begins on a winter day. It is snowing. A girl walks on a street/A girl is walking...

You can also write the story and send it to me for correction (this is optional).



This week in class, we´ll exercise the present a little more and begin to review the past. To start preparing for this, you may do Task 2, which is optional.

Task 2. Please go tho this website and read about the uses of the SIMPLE PAST TENSE.



                                                                      CLASS 6

I. Discussion about We are the Champions
   a. What is the meaning of the song.

II. Do number 3. above on pronunciation of abbreviations.

III. Narrate the story of Alma using the Simple Present Tense.
      a) Go over corrections on written version
      b) Narrate the story orally

IV. Simple Past Tense
      a. The website: What did you see?
      b.  Tell me about what you did yesterday
      c.  Tell me what you have done so far today
      d.  Tell me about what had done before you retired last March

V.  Activities




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post 2: Feedback on Task from Post 1

Post 3: Speaking in the present